Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Day 6 of 10

Today is the sixth of 10 days that the boys have off of school. Ten days. For Thanksgiving. When I was a kid, we only got 5. I love and adore my boys, but there is a reason I do not home school them. That reason is my own sanity. I could never be a school teacher for that same reason. Yesterday they had a play date, and that was a welcome break from the constant bickering. Today it's raining, making their play space smaller. Because we are all recovering from the flu, I'm keeping them indoors today.

Oh, and the dishwasher caught fire last night. Thankfully, I still have a sense of smell, or I might not have noticed until actual flames burst forth. There was smoke, and a horrible smell that still lingers in the kitchen. The repair person will not be out for a week, leaving me with hand washing over the holiday. Great.

Add to all of this, the fact that I still work a full time job, and have to continue to train for strike duty, and buy a pair of work boots that may never get worn... I'm just getting tired of it all. The work B.S. is draining, and the kids are raising my blood pressure. I think I need a day at the beach.

No comments: