Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Morning Weekend Wrap Up

I spent the weekend doing many things, hopefully I can remember it all:

Friday
Worked and ran a ton of errands with Corky, including a car wash and a trip to Costco. Worked more when we got home after picking up The Boys. Found out they did not go to swim practice on either day that they were with the ex, making me wonder if I should just pick them up and take them on his mornings. It is worth considering, as they are now acutely aware of not being the fastest swimmers, and expressing interest in improving their times.

Saturday
Second swim meet of the season and The Boys did well. The Oldest DQ'd Fly, but he probably swam faster. After that, we fought our way through traffic going to the county fair and dropped off The Youngest at a party with his friends. The Oldest and I fought back through traffic and picked up birthday presents for my dad and nephew. Had just enough time to shower, pick up Corky and then The Youngest before stopping at home to drop off cupcakes and pick up X-Box stuff and head to my folks' for a birthday dinner for three generations, My Dad, My Nephew and Me! All of our birthdays are during the same week, so we always do a combined dinner and celebration. We kept with the tradition of going around the table and saying what we love and appreciate about the birthday person. Because there are three of us, it is especially emotional. This year a few things struck me: My Sister voiced what I've been thinking for a while - that we are the only people with so many shared memories, and we know each other better than anyone else knows us. My Mom saying that I never cease to surprise her. My Nephew saying that he trusts me to always be there for him, and My Nephew (the other one), saying that he knows how hard it is to be a single mom, and he thinks I've done a great job raising The Boys into fine young men. Corky expressed her love of my kindness and broke down a bit. My Dad saying that I am envied by many for my qualities, including love, and honesty, and wishing he possessed some of those qualities. I love my family, as crazy as we might be at times, we do absolutely love one another.

Sunday
Slept way in after taking cough medicine, since my throat was killing me all of Saturday. Once I cleared all the mucus from my ENT, I found that my throat does not hurt any more (YAY!), and I felt well rested. I got dressed and whacked weeds in the front yard for three hours during the hottest part of the day, drank a ton of water, and got The Boys to help with the yard work and clean their rooms. I took a shower, and felt less like passing out from heat exhaustion. Got The Youngest to open the ibuprofen and drank more water. Corky came over and dinner was Casper dogs for the boys, and cole slaw. It was perfectly cool and light for the hellishly hot day. It didn't cool down until after 9pm.

It was also PRIDE weekend and the Parade in SF which I would have loved to have gone to, but The Boys are not quite old enough. The Oldest is, but The Youngest isn't I felt a little left out of it all, and ended up watching the parade on TV later.

More cough syrup, and it's time for my head to hit the pillow. I hope you all have a great week!

No comments: