Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Evening Weekend Wrap-up

After a craptastic week, emotion-wise, I was looking forward to this weekend. Friday, I spent the afternoon in the classroom working with Kindy's and First Graders on Easter Bunny paper bag puppets. They did pretty well and were good with the coloring, cutting and gluing, with the usual assortment of hand holding needed. But working with 5 and 6 year olds is tiring, and I was ready for a quiet evening. Of course, in my house there really is no such thing. Not. Ever. Found out some friends were in town and were planning on stopping by, so my Friday afternoon was spent cleaning house. At 10:00, we all figured no one was coming over, and The Boys went to bed disappointed and tired.

Saturday morning was a field trip for Photo 68 which was supposed to go from 9:00-Noon at Sycamore Grove Park. It was also the school carnival for which I said I would bring our shade tarp. The Dude was supposed to have picked up the tarp on  Friday night, so at 8:30, when he was still in bed, I reminded him that The Youngest had batting practice at 9:00 - and he could take the tarp with him then. At 10:00, I got the first phone call telling me the tarp was no where to be seen at the school, and The Youngest was not at practice. I called The Dude and he assured me that he would be going over to check out the tarp situation right then. At 11:15, the second call came from the carnival telling me still no tarp. I called the dude again and found out he'd lent the tarp to friends. I then called the friends as I was leaving the field trip to stop on my way home and pick up the tarp. Tarp in and on my way home, The Dude calls to tell me that The Youngest has hurt his neck and back in the jumpy house, and they were going home and possibly to the ER. The Dude was leaving The Oldest at the carnival with, "some mom". I asked, "Who's Mom?" He found out, told me and hung up. so now I'm driving 80 trying to get to the tarp, my wayward Oldest, and my injured Youngest. Oh and also to throttle The Dude. The rest of the carnival passed without additional drama. The Oldest got sunburned, despite liberal and repeated applications of sun block. The Youngest had heat applied to his neck and back and rested without any neurological signs of injury. And I took photos, and worked at the jumpy houses for a couple of hours and helped clean up. Everyone had lots of fun, and it was really great seeing so many of the families out and about. Of course I wasn't going home to calm and quiet, we'd invited friends over for dinner, so home, a shower, clean the bathrooms and cook dinner. The Boys love spending time with The Girls, and The Dude and I love spending time with The Parents, so it was relaxing just visiting and hanging out.

Sunday was thankfully a fairly quiet day. I did dishes, laundry, planted tomatoes, gave Augie a bath, made sure The Boys had showers, cleaned out the bottom of my closet, getting rid of an entire trash bag full of shoes I no longer wear, have worn out, or don't fit me, even though I held onto those converse high tops from college and held out hope for over 20 years that they would one day fit again. Of course, 2 kids later and there is NO WAY my feet will ever be a size 7 1/2 again. I also processed over 1,000 images from the last 2 weeks, sat in the warm sun and took a 2 hour nap.

The REALLY good thing about this weekend? Augie is now house trained!!!!!!

Some images from the field trip and the carnival yesterday:

Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

No comments: