Monday, September 20, 2010

Music Monday - Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend was BUSY!!!
Friday I spent the entire school day finishing up the field trip shirts for this year. We gave the kids choices this year of the following:
Fish print
Octopus print
Spray on fabric paint with keys or pennies rubber banded into the shirt
Sun reactive dyes
Tie dye.

We have 4 art teachers, and we cranked though about 50 shirts each Friday. I had one mom each Friday morning to get the Kindies shirts done. We didn't give them much choice - didn't want to overwhelm them. All of the shirts turned out completely AWESOME, and mine has a fish print on the front, an octopus print on the back, and tie dye around the edges.

All the moms were fried, so I offered up my home for the Happy Hour Playdate. had martinis and popcorn and got to catch up with friends. Friday was also my nephew's 13th birthday, and Sis had a dinner for him. I kicked my friends out and we headed over to Sis'. My folks were there, and the dinner was delicious, and my nephews are hysterically funny, and getting funnier every passing moment. We played wii and billiards and table tennis, and had fun. The Dude didn't stay - he had a soccer game to play. By the time we got home I was starting to feel a bit out of sorts and went directly to bed.

Saturday morning brought drizzling rain, and doubts about whether The Youngest's soccer game would be cancelled. It wasn't, and we got to sit in the alternating drizzle and bright sunshine until about 10:30 in the morning. Following the game, both Boys went to a friend's birthday party and played mini golf, lazer tag and video games. I took a small drive to the local airport to just have some alone time. I ended up wishing I'd brought my walking shoes and my camera, but I still enjoyed my time. Of course The boys did not want to leave when I picked them up, but they actually did fairly well. Once home, I cut and squeezed a bunch of lemons and we made lemonade. While running the peels through the disposal, it broke loose from the under sink pipes (which are cartoon ridiculous in their construction), and The Dude and I got in a heated argument over the fact that I insist on continuing to try to use the machines in our house for their intended purpose. I like my garbage disposal to dispose of garbage, my dish washer to wash dishes, and my clothes dryer to dry clothes. I think it isn't too much to ask of these items to do what they are designed specifically to do. The Dude disagrees and thinks I should take any item that I can pick up, and throw it in the trash (even though food scraps go in the green bin). He also thinks it acceptable that the front panel is off the dishwasher, and the dryer actaull works as intended, so no issues there (knock on wood). The rest of the evening passed quietly.

Sunday I was feeling like I needed to DO something. While The Dude played soccer and between loads of laundry, I started back in on The Boys' rooms. I got all of the boxes out of the office/playroom and finished taking down the bookshelves. Swept and mopped and while The Dud was holding an open house, my Mother-in-law came over to help. We got all of the furniture moved around, and The Oldest's room is pretty much done. I still need a night light for him and a hamper for The Youngest, but you can see the progression below:

Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

And of course, no Music Monday would be complete without a song that popped up in my shuffle while working on The Boys' rooms, and stuck with me the rest of the day and evening.

No comments: