Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday Evening Weekend Wrap Up

It's been a while since I've done a weekend wrap up, but it's time.
Friday:
The final day of Swim Practice for this year, followed by picking up my new bifocal sunglasses (Yes, this caused a mild case of nausea and thoughts of getting older), and an afternoon/evening of getting stuff ready for the Championship swim meet (Champs). Car packed, kids to bed early, and we are all ready and pumped to go!

Saturday:
Champs!!!!! Got up at 5:30 in the morning to get to Champs by 6:30. The Dude went at 6:00 to set up the ez-up, and I made lunches and packed food, got the kids ready and headed over. The Boys each swam 2 events, and got their personal best times on all races. The Nephews each swam 4 races, and one was part of the Free Relay team that broke the league record by nearly 4 seconds! See the video here. These same 4 set a new league record the last age group they were all in, and it was a great day. The team came in 4th, which is higher than they've placed in decades! We were there for 12 hours, and it was a great and exhausting day.

Sunday:
The morning was recovery from Champs and laundry. I got a bee in my bonnet and decided to go through all of The Boys' clothes to see what still fits. I do this every August, in preparation for the school year. I got through all of the shirts, and the pants will have to be later this week. Maybe tonight, if I can get The Boys to try on pants... The evening was spent at the Swim Team Awards night. It was way too cold for what I wore, but it was fun to see the whole team, and all of the awards for the kids.

And ALL weekend, the song below was on my brain - I finally downloaded it today. Love, Love LOVE it!!!

No comments: