Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday Morning Weekend Wrap Up

Friday - The normal stuff, including vacating my house because of resentment and discomfort. Retreated to a friend's home and stayed too late.

Saturday - I woke up with the chorus for this song in my head, had no clue who sand it, or what the rest of the lyrics were, until I looked it up:

Spent the early afternoon at a baby shower, and the later afternoon running errands and avoiding my home still.

Half of my life
Sunday - I woke up after only 3 hours of sleep with this song in my head:

I also woke up thinking about the fact that I have spent 22 years in a relationship that is now ending, AND, that 22 years is half of my life. It was a sobering moment and I needed to write it down. Do I want to get to 88 knowing that even more of my life was spent in a relationship that is less than ideal for my mental and emotional health? And my emotional and mental health being directly linked to my self care habits (including eating) and my physical well being, potentially a very unhealthy later adulthood? My answer is no. Your mileage may vary.

No comments: