Monday, January 30, 2012

Music Monday Weekend Wrap Up

Friday - Woke up to this in my head:

Specifically:
"The sparkle in your eyes
Keeps me alive
And the sparkle in your eyes
Keeps me alive keeps me alive"
The day was full of Lunar New Year Feast at The Boys' school. My best friend totally had my back all day, and I reached out for help to a few people (unusual for me). After school, The Boys and I walked to a friends and spent the afternoon/evening visiting and playing and just hanging out.

Saturday - Woke up to this in my head:

Specifically:
"I will never regret you
Still the memory of you
Marks everything i do"

The Morning was spent doing laundry and cleaning in preparation for The Dude's mom visiting for lunch. I also went grocery shopping (which I hate to do). During my shopping, I had an epiphany. Life is delicate. We are balancing on the edge between life and death. And the one thing that triggered that revelation was Ovaltine.Yes, Ovaltine. My grandmother always had Ovaltine and those tiny cans of Tree Top apple juice, and the memories and good feelings that came flooding back made me tear up. Following lunch, I went for a photo walk in our local cemetery (you'll see those photos in Tableau Tuesday). While wandering the graveyard and contemplating life and death, I had to sit down and have a good cry about how much of my life I haven't been living. In the middle of my cry, who should roll up but my best friend and her family. My day improved greatly, until I went home and had to referee more fighting between The Dude and The Boys.
Sunday - Woke up to this in my head (this is often in my head first thing):

Specifically:
"I cant lie
I cant tell you that I'm something I'm not
no matter how i try
I'll never be able to give you something
something that i just haven't got"

Spent the day finishing laundry, repairing the network and photo stuff. Did go for another walk and felt good afterward. Still really not liking hanging out at home with The Dude around. Exploring my options on that front too. I also was able to phone a couple of people, one of whom is going through a similar situation, and the other I haven't spoken with in months, and whom I miss.

Happy Monday all!

No comments: