Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Evening Weekend Wrap Up

This was a busy weekend. Not unusually so, but my usual level of busy would put lesser people in the ground...

Friday - The morning working, and the afternoon teaching art. After school, brought The Youngest home, while The Oldest had a DI meeting. Don't know what DI is? Go HERE. I packed myself and The Boys, and The Dude was already gone. After DI, I took The Boys to my Sister's house. She watched them while I had dinner with some friends I haven't seen in years. This is mostly due to The Dude's bridge burning, and my inability to fight for those friendships. They were all VERY supportive, and it wasn't as awkward as I feared. The one person who was invited and recently revealed an inappropriate relationship with The Dude, bowed out, and so it was a good dinner. There is still some interpersonal drama amongst that group, but I do not have the time nor inclination to get involved. Rode BART home and got to bed about 1:30 Saturday morning.

Saturday - I was wide awake at 6am, at my Sister's by 8:15 to pick up The Oldest, and off to the DI regional tournament. I worked the Score Room, and The Dude showed up at 11:30. My Sister dropped off The Youngest at noon, and I took a break to watch their Team Challenges. They both did a great job, and I was back in the score room until the final awards ceremony at 6pm. The Oldest's team is going to the State tournament, and the Youngest's isn't. The Youngest and one of his friends had melt downs, and it was not a fun ride out of there. I dropped The Boys at my folks' - with my Sister and Nephews, and my Sister's Youngest was able to pull The Youngest out of his funk. I left around 7:30 and drove for almost 3 hours to get to the Mardi Gras party in Nevada City. The party was still in full swing, and the inappropriate relationship person was there. I hadn't planned a response if she were, and ended up not even able to look at her, or acknowledge her in any way. I am a bit torn between feeling  bad about it, and feeling proud that it wasn't more of a scene. I ended up having one drink and just going to bed at around midnight.

Sunday - slept in until 7am. Got up, had coffee, took a shower and got ready. Made breakfast for the house with friends from Friday's dinner, and walked around town before the parade. The Youngest called once while I was wandering. Got back in time to decorate my car and get the beads loaded in. The Youngest called a second time right before the parade. I drove the parade while listening to music, and throwing beads to the record crowd. After the parade, pitched in to clean up the house, and wandered back downtown to finish shopping. The Oldest called to ask when I would be home and if the parade was over. Volunteered to clean up from the Carnivale celebration, then had some fantastic Thai food for dinner. Back at the house for a couple of hours of visiting, and in bed around 11pm.

Monday - awake at 7am, packed up, bed stripped, and a cup of coffee before heading downtown for breakfast. More visiting and cleaning up and headed back home. The afternoon and evening were spent listening to The Dude become increasingly impatient with The Boys. They were sent to their rooms several times, once by me to have them clean up, the rest by The Dude as he couldn't take it anymore. I reminded him that he was to go out tonight, and he decided to stay in and take it out on us instead. Lucky me...

Some photos of Mardi Gras:

Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

No comments: