Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Town Shoot Out - Main Street / Favorite Shop

I am back in the swing of Friday Shoot Outs, at the urging of Bloggy Friends - Thanks to you for getting me off my butt!

This week's Theme is courtesy of NanU of Have genes will travel.
"Favorite shop, well, show us what you like about it. Inside, outside. Maybe some people who work there and what they sell or do.
Also I thought it would be fun to show us a shot of your main street."

Check out the other participants here and here.

Yesterday I took a day to myself, took my camera and headed to my other adopted home town, Santa Cruz, CA. I lived there for 4 years, nearly 25 years ago, and it holds a very special place in my heart. I spent most of my time at the water, which will show up on Tuesday. However, I did also walk the Pacific Mall, and found some interesting sights:

Lanterns at a cafe:
Buskers - this was quite original: 
 This group had a hula hooper with them:
 Love this sculpture:
 The Clock Tower:
 A shot down the street, standing near the clock tower:
 Opposite end of the street, on the side of the retro sneaker store - and yes, the lens flare was intentional:

Hope you all have a happy weekend!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi J9! fun photos you have posted. I like the hula hooper and the people playing the instrument with the sticks. what is that called?

Pauline said...

Good to see you and your camera back! Love the brilliantly coloured sculpture, and the surfing bird shop!

Kerry said...

I am so happy to see you back; you have an excellent eye for photography and a unique perspective on your area of CA. Santa Cruz looks really cool. Buskers! Shoulda been a picture of the week.

Bagman and Butler said...

I finally got around to visiting a few blogs...love the buskers! Also love the word -- busker busker busker. Great word. Great shot. And if I remember, I think I actually did put on the sling first.

Suburban Girl said...

LoVE the photos of the lanterns!