Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Wishing you a happy birthday

Today would have been Diane's 47th birthday. It would have been a day to celebrate and laugh and love.

Today I am thinking about her, about her laugh and I am missing our hours long talks. I still know her phone number by heart. I am thinking about her kids, and her sister and parents. I am going to call to say hi a bit later today. I am getting a memorial tattoo, maybe today, maybe not. I haven't yet figured out where on my body it will be. I think she would find irony in my placement, if it were risque in any way, but I want to be able to see it, so maybe my foot? The ankle that does not already have a tattoo?

Diane permeates my life, and always will. I can still hear her voice, see her face. I am so grateful to have had her as a friend. there have been so many changes in my life over the months she's been gone, and I would love to have had her take on it all. Luckily, I think I know what she would say in most instances, and can apply the kick in the pants to myself when needed. She impacted my life in such a positive way, and I can only hope that I am able to have people remember me as wonderfully when I am gone (a good long while away).

I love and miss you my dearest friend.

No comments: