Thursday, July 24, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday


Love and hug those around you while you can.

Last week brought some shit news. My mom has cancer. again. This is the third time around with breast cancer. The last rounds were 19 and 9 years ago (which simultaneously seems a long time ago and only yesterday). I guess I kind of knew before she told me, but I wasn't sure what was coming. I'd had a weird twinge in the same place that her cancer is, and Diane has been on my mind lately. Diane died of cancer not yet a year ago, and I mused out loud about this while on the phone to my mom (poor, I mean really poor timing and choice to share). I've talked to her since the initial news and today is her appointment with her surgeon. So I am asking for positive vibes, good will, prayers, or any small thought for my mother. I hope for her courage and clarity. She's the only mother I have, and while we have had our disagreements, we do love each other.

No comments: