Sunday, July 20, 2014

Well that was a weird dream.

A good weird, not a scary weird.

I was in New York (maybe). I'd been with Liz (a dear friend I do not see nearly enough). She was showing me what Spot does when you scratch under her chin. The sound was kind of a shushing mixed with a grunting. It was a bit odd, but adorable. At some point in the dream, I was walking Spot and was to send her up to Andy & Liz' quarters, and wait for them to come down to the common room. I had a key to turn the dead bolt and there was some sort of riddle or puzzle to solve before the door would open, and Spot raced up the stairs. I turned and entered the common room to find a large gathering of bikini clad co-eds. I worked my way to the bar, ducking beach balls and enjoying the views. I had no idea that they lived at a women's college, and told Them both as I sat down. Andy was in high spirits, cracking jokes with various people and being very entertaining, but never leering at the scantily clad young women. He really only ever has had eyes for Liz, who was whipping up something in the bar top blender.

That is when I woke up. I can't help but think the setting and mystery around getting Spot upstairs is related to the trilogy I am currently reading. Perhaps that Andy and Liz and Spot feature in the dream is a desire to reconnect. Oh, Spot is a chihuahua. I've been rereading the first two books of Deborah Harkness' trilogy.

No comments: