Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday Morning Weekend Wrap Up

A great, though hot ass weekend. Temps over 100 F all last week and through the weekend. House is not insulated, and no A/C. So fucking hot. So hot. Walking around naked hot. Laying about and doing nothing hot.

Friday
Corky had the day off, and I worked in the morning, then volunteered in the afternoon to tie dye field trip shirts at the elementary school my kids no longer attend. It was the first time I'd been back since June, and when I entered the office to sign in, they applauded and cheered me. The principal came out and hugged me, and it made me feel so very appreciated. I didn't need to be there, as the current art teachers are really on the ball about it, but it was more of a moral support thing. Of course, we were outside in the blazing heat, but the shirts loo amazing, as I knew they would, as they always do. After school, Corky's roommate took us to an early dinner to thank us for driving her around while her car was in the shop for a week, and picking the car up while she was at work. We had humongous salads, and I was so tired and full of ruffage that I needed a nap. Got up and showered and headed out dancing - when it was 7:30 and still over 90 F. Met up with some friends, met new ones and had fun until the EDM was too much for us and we were starving. Went to a late dinner with my first BF, and his partner. A fun but late night.

Saturday
Woke up at 6:30 for a bathroom break, then asleep again until 9. Spent time lounging in bed with Corky, had breakfast and shower and Corky left for work. I fell back asleep on the sofa for about an hour and then did laundry and ate lunch. Spent the rest of the day reading, taking cool showers and sweating. Was not motivated to do much of anything because it was still so fucking hot. Wandered my house half naked, wrote a bit, ate crappy foods, and laid about. Spent time thinning about Corky and how much I love her. Exhausted, and nearly napped again once the temperature dropped to purgatory. I did get through another lesson and some weak skills practice in Italian, so that is an actual accomplishment.

Sunday


Woke up earlier than usual and headed to buy a couple of birthday cards before joining friends on a trip to Curvy Girl. Found some really cool stuff that Corky will probably love, if she doesn't suffer a stroke first. ;-).  Stopped for lunch on the way home and picked up The Boys and Corky, made a salad and Headed to my folks' for my oldest Nephew's birthday dinner. We all went around the table talking about how much we love him and we cried (of course). Had a great dinner and lemon cake and headed home to my oven of a house. Helped The Youngest finish his homework, everyone showered, and we all went to bed.

I hope you all have an enjoyable week, and I really hope the heat wave breaks soon...

No comments: