Monday, November 17, 2008

Mondays Suck

OK, so that is hardly news to anyone. But really, why do they have to print the obituaries in the Monday paper? And I had all of my meetings cancelled for today, but have god knows how many more hours of training to take. I'm in the middle of First Aid/CPR web based training (with too graphic of images), it's a 2.5 hour course, and I was starting to fall asleep. Decided taking a break to cheer myself up and write a blog might be what I needed to continue the training that will prove to be a complete waste of time. You see, I work for the phone company, and as a management employee, I have to take over 100 hours of training in order to be able to install and repair POTS in the event that the union strikes next year. If I refuse, or fail to take the training I will be fired. If I refuse or fail to show up to perform this job if there is a strike, I will be fired. Having grown up in a blue collar home, with a dad who went on strike, was a member of a union, and a steward, and having walked a picket line as a child, I am less than thrilled with the prospect of crossing a picket line in the future. I don't like it one bit.

What cheered me up today:
http://www.palinaspresident.us/
The original site is here: http://www.palinaspresident.us/never/index.html and if you click on the Easter Eggs, there are some funny things, and some kind of gruesome things, but all in all it makes me grateful that Barrack Obama is our next President!

And if you feel like clicking and having sponsors donate, go here:
http://www.thehungersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=1

It makes me feel better to give.
Now back to First Aid/CPR. After that I have a course on Manholes... Seriously.

No comments: