Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Morning Weekend Wrap Up

Another weekend FLEW by!
Friday, The Youngest FINALLY pulled that loose tooth that had actually died and turned grey 3 weeks prior. I promised him a toy if he pulled it himself, and so Friday afternoon I made a deal with The Boys. Try on their sneakers to see if they still fit from the Spring. If not, go get new sneakers for school. I have to say that they spend the summer barefoot or in Crocs, neither of which is allowed at school, and so they haven't worn actual shoes since June when school let out for summer. After the shoe store, we stopped by Big Lots with nothing found for either cheap shorts, or toys, so it was off to Target. The Boys ended up each with a cheap toy and were pretty happy with their selections for the rest of the weekend. For dinner, I made Meat Loaf and Mashed Potatoes, despite it being 95 degrees, and My Dear Husband (formerly The Dude) ate for lunches the remainder of the weekend. MDH, worked Friday night, Saturday Morning, and most of Sunday on a couple of contracting jobs.
Saturday I had The Boys try on some of their clothes and coats to see if I was going to need additional clothing this fall, and I'm happy to say that most everything still fits from last year, with the notable exception of The Youngest's coat. We have the next size up, so that really wasn't an issue. I also managed to finish all of the laundry in the morning! The afternoon and evening were spent at my family reunion. The pot luck yielded at least 5 fruit salads, a terrifically yummy rice and pasta salad, an heirloom tomato salad, and MANY desserts, of which The Boys were particularly fond. There is a traditional White Elephant gift exchange, which netted a shelf unit now sitting on The Oldest's bed, and Hot Wheels for The Youngest. I was able to sit and visit with many of my relatives whom I do not see very often, which was nice. MDH and I were supposed to go to a 40th Birthday Party that night, but I was wiped out from the reunion, and freezing cold to boot, and he spent the day studying and didn't feel like going out. So I pulled on sweats, and we ordered pizza. It was a nice night at home.
Sunday MDH was out of the house early to work and I needed a quiet day at home. I made zucchini bread with the help of The Boys, altering a recipe I found to make it only 1 weight watchers point per slice! In the afternoon The Boys played with each other and the neighbors, which kept them busy while I FINALLY finished the Wedding Album I'd been meaning to complete. It took most of the day because I went through it with a fine toothed comb for any errors, reviewed all of the e-mails we exchanged and ended up having to add a number of pages to make it look just right. Want to see it?
Go Here. For the Parent Album (in progress) Go Here.
In the Evening MDH had a soccer game and a couple of friends stopped by to visit which was a nice break from staring at my computer.

2 comments:

Kathryn Magendie said...

I always cringe at those "america's funniest videos" where the kids are trying to pull their teeth! ouch!!! :)

Jeanette said...

We had much the same shoe and clothing prep the week before school.
The zucchini bread recipe sounds good. One point sounds really good. Can you post/email the recipe.
I started weight watchers this last spring but stopped over the summer. I need to get back to it.