Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday Evening Weekend Wrap Up

File this one under no rest for the wicked!
You already know what I was like just going into the weekend, a stressed out mess. Add to all of that, it was The Dude's 25th High School Reunion. And it was all weekend long. Friday was meeting people after dinner at a complete dive bar. I was wondering how The Dude would handle it, since he isn't drinking anymore, and he did well, didn't drink, and still had fun! I stayed home with The Boys, and got to bed at a moderately decent hour.
Saturday was breakfast/brunch, or plans of the sort, and meeting up with more people. The Youngest had 9:30 soccer practice in a nearby park, so The Boys and I rode bike/scooters to practice, and The Oldest and I rode during practice all around the neighborhood. When we got home, The Dude went to pick up a huge BBQ for Sunday, and I washed my car, and cleaned the house. I packed up The Boys and drove them to my mother-in-law's where they spent the night. Before I left, The Dude remarked that my clothes didn't look that great (what he said was that we were too big to wear tight fitting clothes). Now mind you, it wasn't a cat woman costume, it was slacks and a shirt. When I returned home, after obsessing over my clothes (which I rarely do), I found the best man from our wedding, and his wife, both of whom I hadn't seen in over 8 years at the house. I knew they were coming (thus the aforementioned cleaning), but I excused myself to change into different slacks and a different shirt. We went to dinner at Red Coats (mentioned in a previous post), which also was where the reunion was taking place. We met up with another couple, and I got along really well with the both. The wife reminds me of a dear friend and was very nice and easy to talk to. That made for a great evening, as the class of '84 wandered about in varying stages of drunkenness, some were kicked out for getting stoned on the back porch (Seriously? We are all in our 40's. If this is something you do, I don't give a rat's ass, but do you HAVE to do it AT the restaurant?) We stayed until they kicked us out, at 1:30 this morning, came home and crashed.
Sunday was pick The Boys up, come home, pack up and go to the Reunion Family Day, where we were able to visit with people and the kids could all play. Played soccer and Basketball with the boys, they played in the water park, and The Dude was a social butterfly. Got to see some of the folks I missed last night, the really drunk people were likely too hung over to attend, and we stayed for 5 and a half hours. Once we came home, The Dude showered and went to yet another event, while The Boys and I decompressed from the weekend, vegged out and watched movies. We stopped at a lemonade stand on the way out of the park, and I was a bit taken aback by the $100 price tag for a 10 ounce cup. Inflation has hit little kids and lemonade I guess!

2 comments:

Sara Diana said...

Its great to have busy weekends once in a while

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Hang in there girl!