Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday Morning Weekend Wrap Up

Another busy weekend - there are times of the year this seems to be the norm...

Signed up to work the middle school jog-a-thon from the time I dropped off The Youngest until 12:30. It was really foggy and cold out on the track in the morning, but had warmed up by the time I left. Went home, answered some e-mail and ate lunch. Turned around and taught art at the elementary school. Went to an early dinner with Corky to celebrate 3 months together (doesn't seem like that long, and yet seems much longer). The food was fab, the staff was really cool and the drinks were yum. The Boys were dropped off at 7:30 because the ex had stuff to do this weekend.

4:30am wake up which I must have been anxious about, because I woke up at 2am, 3am, and 4am... This time had to get both boys ready and out of the house by 5:45 for another band review. This is the review hosted by the high school I attended, and where I was in the band for most of my time. It's the period of time in my life when I met some of the people I still hold as dear friends. The parade was good, and the concert too. The middle school band took 2nd for drumline, color guard and concert, and 1st for drum major and marching. This review brought me right back to my days in HS. During the concert, I had a flash to seeing Diane in the crowd, and one of the kids on stage really did look like her. I know she was there, and thinking about her made me feel really good. Stopped for In-n-Out for lunch and headed home where I completed uploading the first edits on the wedding I shot. I then took a reclining beach chair to the back deck and fell asleep in the sun. Woke up stiff and a bit out of it, came in and started cooking dinner. Corky came over and after dinner we got The boys dressed in costumes and off to Halloween Fun Night at the elementary post. This is The Youngest's final year at that school, and the first year when I did absolutely nothing for HFN. It felt weird, but really good to just go, and then leave when we wanted. The boys stayed up a bit late due to the over stimulation, candy and soda. I did some processing of band review photos from the two weeks, and went to bed.

Slept in after being woken up by the cat's hunger and my full bladder at 6:30. When I did roll out of bed at 9:00, I felt rested and ready to tackle the world. Did laundry, got The Oldest to organize his schoolwork and do homework. Roasted beets, cleaned the fridge, and made a grocery list. Corky got off work and we headed out, presumably to get pumpkins to carve, but in reality to hit a sale for some late season shorts for The Oldest, and jeans for me, the costume place for a scythe for The Youngest, and grocery shop for the week. No pumpkins at that store, but after the hours in the car with two quarreling Tweens, I was done in, and Corky was over it. Dropped her off, and headed home. Had dinner and argued to get The Boys in showers, folded more laundry and painted my toenails while catching up on my TV shows. Feeling accomplished, but still left with more to do.

I hope you all have a great week!

No comments: