Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Things We Do For Love

I photographed a wedding on Monday. This was as a gift for a man I have watched grow from a small boy into a Marine. He and his bride are headed on an adventurous life (both are active military). I wish for them all the happiness a life together can bring. I love weddings. For a period of time, I did not. That time may have passed with this wedding. This was the union of two young people who are ready to face life. Their hopes and dreams and aspirations are right in front of them, guiding their decisions. It was a beautiful wedding, a fun reception and I am happy to have been there. It is my gift to be able to shoot their wedding and I feel honored that they entrusted their day to me. I did get a bunch of really great pics, some of which will be up here next week.

While I was away all afternoon and evening (I am writing this at midnight), my folks watched and cared for The Boys. Corky worked, stopped by to care for The Dogs, and did dishes, brought me food, and straightened up a bit. I didn't even notice until I was on my way to bed, and I will thank her properly when she is awake later this morning. I did keep her posted about my comings and goings, especially that late at night on a notoriously treacherous road home. She is genuinely concerned for my welfare, and not in a creepy, controlling sort of way. She wants to know that I am ok, and calls just to hear my voice. I really missed seeing her all day and night, but we will ring in the New Year together :-)

No comments: