Friday, October 23, 2009

My Town Shoot Out - Classics of Childhood

This week's shoot out theme is courtesy of Ellisa of a thousand words... "What are your childhood memories made of? A game? A park? A special place you used to visit? OR Look around you. Watch for places and things you'd like your children to remember. Or maybe you see children creating memories as we speak. What will be the thing they remember as classic?"
I encourage you to go and see everyone's contributions here!

My weekend was spent almost exclusively at The Boys' school for Halloween Fun Night, which was great again this year! More on that maybe in the morning.

I was thinking classic games from my childhood, along with wondering what The Boys will think are classics when they are older.






Nothing more classic than your first haircut at a real barbershop while sitting on dad's lap! (The Youngest)

Or losing your two front teeth! (The Oldest)

Or if your mom is a photographer and also happens to think that you resemble Alfalfa and Spanky, then she makes you dress like them so that she can get some pictures that she will likely torture you with when you are a surly teen!

And finally, a classic from my childhood, that I have been fortunate enough to share with The Boys:

Good week all!

14 comments:

Barry said...

That's Ok. Sunday is the new Friday.

Anonymous said...

*laughing* Breath Woman! It's all good! As usual, your photos will be worth the wait!

~JarieLyn~ said...

Well, you are a mom on the go. I'll be back to check out your post whenn you get it up. Have a great weekend.

Chef E said...

Oh I actually forgot it was the night tomorrow...maybe somewhere in my subconscious with my photo I knew...I will be back!

kathryn said...

HA! We'll still be here...where are we going? YOU'RE the one who's so BUSY, busy, busy!!!

Bagman and Butler said...

Great! Maybe I'll post a second Friday shootout on Sunday to keep you company.

Kerry said...

seeya later alligator

Unknown said...

Mom is more important than Photo Friend.

Post to my blog when you post so I remember to come back ♥

Carrie said...

BOO!
Hope you had a great Halloween fun night...mine is next Saturday so I can relate to the mommy marathon.
Mwah, ha, ha, ha.

Scriptor Senex said...

Love the train!

Pauline said...

Oh gosh, the missing front teeth! That is a real classic!!

RedLan said...

Sorry if it's too late for me to post a comment here. My internet connection was so slow and from to time the connection cut off.

Wow how lucky your children to have such a wonderful mom. I missed the first haircut etc.

Sarah Sullivan said...

OMG they are tooo cute!! Beautiful pics hon..sorry am running so very late!! Sarah

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

How much did the tooth fairy leave for the two front teeth?

I almost lost my front tooth last week. I brushed my teeth too hard, and made the bottom tooth wobbily. I am holding out until the tooth fairy promise to leave me $1000 enough to pay the dentist.