Thursday, October 8, 2009

So what's up

This week has been rather shitty. One of The Boys' friends lost his father to cancer. I feel betrayed by my love, and my head is spinning. I'm not eating right, not sleeping well, have a headache, and don't know what to do. It's open fucking enrollment for benefits at work, so I have to be able to analyze the 6 health care choices, and pick what's right for us all, while realizing that the Optomotrist I've been seeing SINCE COLLEGE, is not on the new vision plan for work, which will cost me an arm and a leg to continue to see (pun intended). So now I can go to Sears eye center... I need to see my chiropracter (also not covered by my health benefits). There are only 78 shopping days left until Christmas, and I have The Oldest's Birthday before then. Work is draining, the PTA meeting from last night was tense - and 3 hours long. Halloween Fun Night is right around the corner, and I'm getting more stressed out as the days go on. My budget tracking is still hit or miss, though more hit than miss. On the bright side (really, is there one today?) I am continuing to lose weight, which I have been working on doing since the beginning of August. The Boys are doing well in Soccer and Theater, and we are all relatively healthy. I am still grateful for my life - the good, the bad, and the really ugly. I'm happy I live with boys because I don't think I could take girl drama on top of what is going on. Yes even with the potty talk, the fart jokes and the belching, I love The Boys. I also love MDH, though this is a particularly rough patch in our relationship.

And now that I've vented, I feel just a teeny tiny bit better.

7 comments:

GingerV said...

two thoughts come to mind - I have been avoiding writing a blog about how I feel right now cause I have so much and feel so lousy about it, and read something about parimenapause. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/perimenopause/DS00554
sometimes it is not about external stimulus but internal conditions.

this is not advice, just listening....

Barry said...

Feel free to vent anytime.

Especially when you hve happy endings (well kind of) at the end of your venting.

Some aspects of your new benefits plan really suck.

Anonymous said...

facoideMs. J9 -- Um -- we BOTH know the benefit plans SUCK HIND TIT, but at least we have benefits. You might wanna research the "MA" option 2 with an HSA if you really want to keep your eyeball doctor. Just a thought.

BTW, I still miss you.

~JarieLyn~ said...

Well, it's nice that you aren't holding back venting on this blog. It makes you seem more real. I also like that even though you are having a crappy, miserable day you still found something to be grateful for. I have a bad habit of saying the word, "shit" all the time.

I hope you have a better day today.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

We all have shitty weeks. I know I have my share of them. I am gald you vented and feel better. Things will work out...they always do.
<><

shabby girl said...

Yeah, girl drama is intense! And remember, relationships all have their highs & lows. Wait a week, it'll be better. You'll remember why you love him! Okay, maybe two weeks! Ha!

A Scattering said...

What's that sound I hear?? It's you managing to hang on and doing a good job of it. Doesn't it suck when you get a maelstrom of crap in one bit swat?! Here's to a new week. Love the squirrel!