Saturday, December 5, 2009

Busy Times, busy times

The entire time leading up to Christmas in our family is completely crazy. So no My Town Shoot Out for this week, but the theme is My Favorite Things, and had this going through my head all week:


My laugh for today is courtesy of Granny on the Web.

Yesterday I worked in The Boys' classroom. The 2nd and 3rd graders worked on ceramic projects, which is one of my favorite parts of teaching art. It was also the book fair at the school, and I brought boiling water so that the class could sell hot chocolate. Ended up buying a couple of books for each boy, hot chocolate, a couple of cupcakes, and a pencil sharpener.
Last night was the final dress rehearsal and opening night for the Christmas Play that The Oldest is in. It went very well, and was really funny and cute. The Youngest nearly fell out of his chair on a few occassions, laughing. Spent most of today doing laundry, cleaning and preparing for the family birthday party brunch Sunday morning, and then we are all going to watch the play. Tonight, we are headed to the Christmas party of a friend, and The Boys are headed to Sis' for a few hours.

3 comments:

Sarah Lulu said...

I love Julie Andrews singing that song too!

Barry said...

Linda and I saw the stage production of the Sound of Music in Toronto in the spring. It was quite different from the movie but still one of my faviourite things.

Thanks for brightening my day.

Sara Diana said...

I love that song too!