Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tuesday Morning Weekend Wrap Up

Picking up from my last post. Saturday we went to a Christmas party while Sis watched The Boys. I lost my Bunco virginity, and it was pretty fun, but high stress because men play bunco differently than women do. There were mostly men at the party, and I didn't get to an all women table until the last table, and I could like it, if that's how relaxing it really is. The men just roll, roll, roll as fast as humanly possible, while the women chat and visit and roll between words. There was also a white elephant gift exchange that I had to leave during because I'd lost track of time, and needed to pick up The Boys. Ended up visiting with Sis, and didn't get home until midnight. The Boys went right to sleep, but I stayed up until about 1:30 finishing cleaning and putting away laundry. I was going to just get up early Sunday, but I'm glad I got it out of the way, given my history with waking up early ;-)
Then 4:30 in the morning happened. The Dog came into our room, and his stomach was making the most horrid and LOUD sounds - We could actually hear it when he was in the living room, and our door was shut. The Dude thought that The Dog was chasing some animal in our room, that The Cat had caught. But The Cat was asleep, and we soon discovered that it was a stomach thing. The Dude went out to the livingroom to sit with The Dog for about 45 minutes, until the sounds mostly subsided, but we were all a little freaked out. I did some Reiki on The Dog, and we all went back to sleep for a few hours.
We were up at 7:30 getting ready for The Oldest's Birthday Brunch with family. Had to get my egg dish in the oven, and The Dude had to pick up a box of coffee. The Party was a success, the food was perfect, and The Oldest felt just as special as his day! Following brunch, we all headed to watch The Oldest perform in a Christmas play which was just as funny, and cute as it had been on Friday! Everyone enjoyed themselves, and we had the rest of the day to ourselves. For me it meant bringing The Oldest back for the closing show, and The Dude and The Youngest stayed home.




No comments: