Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday



Hug and love those around you while you can

I was ready to post Tableau Tuesday and Wicked Wednesday, but I cannot let this week pass without thoughts for us all. All of us. The ENTIRE Human Race. Plus all of the other inhabitants of this universe. Man's inhumanity to man never ceases to stun me. Our capacity for kindess and love and caring outweighs all of the evil acts in the world. We know better, and most of us actually do better. I grieve for Boston, and West, and I am headshakingly surprised by ricin senders. What is it with the dates between 4/15 and 4/20? There is some weird shift every year that causes people to go off the rails. MANY people die every day, MANY by the hand of others, and sometimes that "other" is us. By our actions, our words, our intentions, or our silence, or lack of action.

I do not care where you are, who you are, or what you believe. I want you to do something to help others. ANYTHING. A small thing, like smiling at an elderly person, holding a door open for another, or sending good thoughts to the victims of recent tragedies. All positivity starts with you, and me and within us all.

Please have a happy and safe week.

No comments: