Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Morning Weekend Wrap Up

Friday was another day in the boys classroom for art, still working on field trip shirts. At least it was 2nd & 3rd graders, so they know more and are more independednt workers. The shirts are coming along and look awesome! I did a Happy Hour playdate with margaritas, and the boys spent their evening watching Nightmare Before Christmas and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, both of which arrived from Netflix during the week.

Saturday was my first two shifts at the snack bar, from 8:00 to noon. I have the Noon to 4:00 shifts in a couple of weeks, but by noon I felt dead on my feet! I came home, made lunch for the boys, sat down for a bit, and soon it was time for a soccer game. At least it wasn't the predicted 100+ temperatures.! We took the dog with us, and he enjoyed hanging out and smelling a new place and all the people and other dogs. Came back from the game and had a few minutes before the neighbors came over to play. Then I spent the next hour filling water baloons the MDH bought for the boys. Dinner was breakfast, because I was too tired to cook anything complicated or even go to buy something. We read a bit from Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, and I was ready to hit the hay, but it was only 7:30!

I got to sleep in on Sunday, but once up, I was at it like a dervish! I washed my car, made a shopping list, grocery shopped, put it all away, washed, dried, folded and put away all of the laundry, made the boys lunch and snacks, and refereed a scirmish with the neighbor. MDH made breakfast and did dishes, watched the Raider game, talked to a friend on the phone, took a nap and went to my folks house to fix an outdoor sprinkler issue. Watched the Emmy's at night, and just took it easy.

This morning I attended the funeral mass for the mother of a friend. The church was beautiful, and I'm glad I went. Was going to log it and work the rest of the day but decided to enjoy my day off and go shopping instead. I need new shorts, and so does The Oldest.

No comments: