Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Boys are kind of weird

It struck me today just how different boys are from girls - I know, I know, besides the obvious. Get your heads out of the gutter folks!


My boys like fart jokes. They like to show their bare butts to each other, and think it's the height of hilarity when someone gets whacked in the junk on America's Funniest Videos. I just don't get it. Not. At. All. I also don't like The Three Stooges, but they all do. I prefer Abbott and Costello. I always thought there was a bit more than slapstick going on for them. While they all started in Vaudeville, A&C seemed to be more clever and well written, where TTS seemed to be all physical comedy. I suppose I should be grateful that the musician/artist, and the athlete/weapons expert have something they can agree upon.
Sometimes I worry about how they will turn out as adults, and then I realize that it matters little, as I will likely be paying for therapy for years. I figure I'm ahead of the game if I recognize that I cannot be the perfect parent to the boys, and just try to stay afloat in the ever increasing tide of testosterone. Just wait until the teen years my mind screams, just wait.

No comments: