Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday Morning, Weekend Wrap Up 3

This weekend was a whirlwind of activity! Saturday morning the boys got to meet the kids who just moved in across the street. The two youngest are the same ages and grades in school as the boys and they all had a ton of fun riding scooters and bikes, and playing in the backyard. After lunch we went to Adventure playground and they had a blast! I love this place! It's everything you wished you could do as a kid! They painted, built things, played hide & seek, played pirate, and just were being kids. I got tons of photos, some of which ended up in the Sunday Stills challenge.


We didn't get home until around 6, and I got a call at 6:15 from a friend who was on her way to Wicked, and had an extra ticket. Did I want to go, and could I meet her in 90 minutes in front of the theater? Yes and Yes! And I have to say, it was AMAZING and WONDERFUL!


I am struck by how clever and smart the storyline is and it made me want to haul out all of the Oz books from storage and give them another go! Of course, I got home after midnight, and couldn't sleep until after 1, but well worth it!

Sunday was laundry day, and shopping, and Superbowl. I didn't really care about the game, so I saw some of the commercials, some of the game, and got to visit with friends, and meet some new people. The boys got to each whatever they wanted, so they were happy and hyper!

Frugality update: I did not purchase the original cast recording of Wicked for $28 at the theater. I went home and downloaded it from iTunes for $9.99, and my friend with the extra ticket would not let me pay for it. I have some truly generous friends. I know this, and it makes me cry in gratitude. I would never have been able to justify the expense of Wicked, and hadn't even thought about it, even though I love the theater. Adventure Playground is free, and the Superbowl party was potluck, so it was a pretty inexpensive weekend, given everything that we did!

3 comments:

Coachdad said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend...I have yet to see wicked. I have heard incredible things about it. I saw Phantom last year for the first time and loved it.

J9 said...

Go see it if you have a chance!

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend -- You should have come to me for the Wicked Soundtrack. It's SO out there -- as in:

http://rapidshare.com/files/195576565/Wicked.The.Musical.zip