Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sunday Stills

This week's challenge is the moon. I do not take many pictures of the celestial body known as the moon, so I have to improvise. Especially considering the cloud cover I've had all week and the lack of actually being able to see said moon.

This is a picture of my oldest at 3 months of age. I took this photo after purchasing lots of fake fur fabric, and figuring out how to shoot him without him falling onto the floor - he's on a changing table. If I was smart, I would have placed it all on the floor, but I'll just attribute it to "Baby Brain" - that which affects one following the birth of a child. Seriously, you may have been a Rhodes Scholar leading up to giving birth, but after the event, you cannot so much as walk and have a single coherant thought at the same time. Luckily, your brain is only on vacation, and it mostly returns at an undetermined later date. Mine came back after my youngest went to Kindergarten (this last fall).

I went trolling through my photos for ANY other moon shots, and did come up with several from past Mardi Gras and Fantasy Fest events, but really, who wants to look at those? I did find this however:

Taken on the way from Yosemite to Mono Lake a couple of summers ago.

13 comments:

Coachdad said...

What a great shot of the moon...lol. Nice post!

Ed said...

That works... LOL!

Andrea said...

Love them both!! :)

Shirley said...

Another baby moon! Very cute.The moon is the crowning glory of the mountain in the second shot.

The Wife said...

Love the angle of the second shot. Good job!

Jen Mo said...

Great shots!!! hahaha both are great!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great! Beautiful baby! :)

Paula said...

I'm rolling! Too funny and extremely cute! We are a big fan of baby moons at our house.
I like your Yosemite moon also~

Flo said...

Fabulous shots!!!

Mine are up over at my photo blog

Rising Rainbow said...

Baby moons are so cute! You're right about the brain going on vacation for a while. LOL

Anonymous said...

I honestly thought I might have to resort to hu-moons too. Good job!

gtyyup said...

They both are great!

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

LOL.

Great shot over the mountains!