Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Love Dare Day 12

Today's Dare:
Demonstrate love by willingly choosing to give in to an area of disagreement between you and your spouse. Tell them you are putting their preference first.

Well, I do this most of the time anyway, except for the big things, so let's see if I can come up with something. OK, we did not disagree today on one thing. Not one. There is only one thing in our marriage that we routinely disagree about - money. I really can't put us on the street, or not feed the boys by acquiescing to The Dude's desire for toys (a car comes to mind first). But I think I can count my giving into The Dude when he said it bothered him that I allow the oldest to watch Ru Paul's Drag Race. Personally, I see no issue with Drag Queens, but given the oldest's level of inherent flamboyance, he could be in for more taunting were he to bust out some of the runway moves these ladies are doing. Besides, I'm not sure 2nd grade is the right time to have that particular talk. I don't want him to have to censor himself, or even be aware that there are people on this planet that would not like you because of who you are. I think that I just don't want to break his young heart with that news.

2 comments:

aurbie said...

I think it is a great thing to do. My husband and I seem to agree on everything so that makes it pretty good for us.

I wish I could clone him.

I would be rich!

J9 said...

No doubt you would! I know that The Dude is charming to a fault, and has many women swooning over him!