Friday, March 6, 2009

The Love Dare Day 7

Today's Dare:

Get two sheets of paper. On the first, write out positive things about your spouse. Then do the same with negative things on the second. Place both sheets in a secret place. At some point during the remainder of the day, pick a positive attribute from the first list and thank your spouse for having this characteristic.

Questions to ponder:
Which list was easier to make? What did this reveal about your thoughts?

I'm not going to post my lists here. It isn't fair to The Dude. I am willing to bare all, but he never agreed to have my perceptions of him aired here. He doesn't actually read my blog, but still. That having been said, the easier list initially was the negative list. However when all is said and done, the lists are about equal in length.

I did thank him for doing the dishes, which he did today, and does fairly regularly. There was a special circumstance around today's dishes. When the sink was overflowing from last nights and today's dishes, he began and soon clogged the sink. When he ran the disposal, the pipes under the sink came apart (as they do frequently for me), spewing what looked like vomit all over the floor, and the contents of the under sink cabinet. This all happened while I was out, and I returned to a pile of towels on the garage floor, and the distinct smell of vomit. When I got in the house, The Dude was sitting in his chair, earbuds in, music cranked, and arms crossed. Evidently the item that caused the massive backup and ensuing explosion was the week old, rotting salad that I had placed in the sink when he was assuring me that he would be doing the dishes yesterday. Added to that was the oldest's experiment in dough making which consisted of all the flour in the house and water. It dried into wheat paste and was difficult to scrape off the cookie sheet he'd placed it on. Of course, when I left the house none of this had happened, so I can only ascertain that this all took place under the ever watchful eye of The Dude.

Work was INSANE today, just an overwhelming amount of emotions, highs and lows. But I'm too drained to do that post tonight.

No comments: