Monday, March 16, 2009

Love Dare Day 15

Today's Dare:

Choose a way to show honor and respect to your spouse that is above your normal routine. It may be holding the door for her. It might be putting his clothes away for him. It may be the way you listen and speak in your communication. Show your mate that he or she is highly esteemed in your eyes.

OK, I can do this one, but above and beyond may involve bowing down, and kissing his ring at this point!

Seriously though, I feel like I show him respect, and ask that The Boys also show him respect. I did my level best to pay attention to the time we spend together, and to not be dismissive of The Dude, or his ideas and opinions. Today he was in a bitchyish mood, so that put a damper on the rest of us. I hope he gets a good night's sleep tonight - it will all look better tomorrow!

We had the Science fun fair for all Elementary schools in 2 districts. It took up three buildings at the county fairgrounds, and it was fun to see all the different projects. My only regret is that we weren't able to spend more time wandering around. But we went immediately following Tae Kwon Do, and hadn't yet had dinner, so we beat a hasty retreat, and hit Casper's on the way home.

4 comments:

Barry said...

Like you I'm respectful and considerate of Linda, but now and then it's always necessary to go above and beyond!

J9 said...

I agree, and after your coffee DTs it may call for a dinner out!

GingerV said...

I was told once that to act lovingly, after time brings the feeling of love... I liked this very much. I am not one to bring Camillo his slippers but once in a while will cook a meal I know he will love, like his sunday morning eggs and potatoes... poor his after dinner scotch, or just sit beside him holding his hand... it works.

J9 said...

GingerV - I agree that taking the time to be extra kind, does allow me to focus on the person I am caring for. Just going through the same motions, doesn't open my eyes to them as much.