Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday Morning Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend was a bit busy, but not too bad. Had an afternoon Baseball game on Saturday, and the Baseball pictures and Hit-a-thon on Sunday afternoon. I did manage to do all of the laundry and really clean the house which makes me feel much better this morning. I also planned a birthday dinner for my mom, here at my house. And I grilled a tri tip. Yes me. The vegetarian. It was medium rare and juicy too. See what watching the food network can do? I also made potato salad, grilled asparagus (thanks to sis for bringing and marinating), my famous guacamole and strawberry shortcake for dessert. I'm beat, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to watch the final two episodes of RuPaul's Drag Race. Holy crap, now that's some good TV! I swear I need to go to a good drag show and soon! Now, who will come with me? Do I hear crickets? Oh, come on now!

Very well. On to a new subject. I have an infection on my nose. It started as a zit, then grew to a purple bulb, spawning four more zits, and now? now it has taken over half my face. OK, not half, but I do have a fairly sizable nose, and it's taken over a good portion of the lower left side of that. I did the neosporin and a band aid for today because I really didn't want to get the look from people at the kids school. As it was, they all asked what was up with the band aid. Except for my friend and esthetician who said if it was worse than when she saw me on Saturday, then I needed to go to a Dr. I made the appointment for Tuesday morning, and I've no doubt it will be painful as all hell. And if Lou is reading this, keep breathing, it absolutely does NOT look like your nose did. And I will call you and let you know what the Doc has to say about it. Or send an IM. Anywhooooo, Of course being the freckly mess I am, I did have the stray thought about skin cancer, but quickly banished the thought, deep sixed it, and said a few affirmations for my continued good health. I mean, who wants a snap on nose ala Michael Jackson or Stevie Nicks? And who on earth would be able to blend the freckles to match on a prosthesis? I'd have to let the kids have a go with sharpies!

Oh, and BTW - the annual mammogram came back clear (yeah me!) with a mom and 2 aunts who have survived, my chances are genetically what they are. I'd like to think that the veg thing, and the seeming lack of unhealthy vices will keep me free from the dreaded disease. Sure I could lose weight and exercise more, and so I continue to battle my self control and my desires.

Now I have the fur butt cat bitching at me to go to bed, and so I go!

3 comments:

iasa said...

I can relate on the food front. I too am a vegetarian, but find myself trying new ways to cook meat for the ex. I made what I assume is a killer roast yesterday. The dogs crowded round the pot most of the afternoon whilst it was cooking. I soon found myself joining them. It smelled GOOD!

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

RuPauls drag race??????You gotta be kidding me right? What channel does that come on because I'd love to see that!!
Thanks J9........you made me laugh today :)

Steady On
Reggie Girl

J9 said...

Iasa - I don't think meat cooking smells particularly good, but it does bring me memories of my childhood.

Reggie Girl - Glad I made you laugh, as that is something I strive for! And RuPaul's Drag Race is on LOGO, or you can watch all of the episodes at the website for the show.